Recent Posts

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Caribbean Cold Front

Apparently there is an arctic blast hitting the U.S. right now. 


I think some of that cold air may have made it all the way down here because the other day I had to wear a sweater. It was gray, cloudy, and rainy all day.


When I found out the temperature had dropped to 75 F, I decided to enjoy every one of those degrees (still in my sweater of course because I figure I've done plenty of sweating to acclimate and to believe that 75 F is cold).

Not to rub it in or anything, but when I see others posting about freezing weather I'm glad that my days look like this (when I actually get to go outside).


Favorite spot on campus to eat lunch.

While I'm here doing this, I might as well document a few things and get some pictures off of my phone. 

After midterms we went to La Sagesse. It's about a 25 minute drive (9 miles) from home and the drive takes us through some beautiful country.


As we got to the turnoff to La Sagesse, which happens to be located in a nature reserve, we both couldn't help expressing that we felt like we were in Jurassic Park.

Just exchange the Escudo for a Ford and I think you pretty much have a JP ride.


La Sagesse is one of my favorite beaches on the island. The water is calm (and warm), you can rent a kayak and take it out in the cove, and the water is pretty shallow for a long way out (great for the kids).


Kenz's birthday happened to fall on the weekend of Grenadian Thanksgiving and I had two whole days without classes. So we went into town to get a birthday gift and explored a little. We stumbled into the national museum located in a building built in the late 1700's and had once been used as a prison. They were remodeling, but the curator and others were quick to take us around and teach us about Grenada's rich history.

Binx was obsessed with the little cannons.




Here are a few other random pictures from the visit ...


We learned all about migration and the real James Bond ...


touched rocks and stuff ...


appreciated some large spinous processes on these whale vertebrae ...


checked out the large caldrons used for rum distillation ...


were a little creeped out by the jail recreation ...


and saw a large wooden bathtub used for bathing prisoners.

St. George is such an interesting city. It is surprisingly underdeveloped for a capital city, but I love the bustle, hills, color, and craziness.




Kenz is an amazing city driver. She owns left-lane driving and one-way streets packed with parked cars, people, potholes, and traffic.


Adi saw me taking pictures and asked if she could see my phone for a minute. When I got it back I discovered she had taken a few pictures of her own.



In other news, I can't get enough of this view at church.


And this little girl is a good sport to let me talk her into painting her face every once in a while.


It rains here. Sometimes it's a light rain and sometimes (like last night) it pours hard and fast.


Goats frequent our street and keep the grass down. 

This one made me think about indirect inguinal hernias.

Some friends had family visit and they were more than generous to bring down two bags of Hot Tamales sent by Kenz's dad.

These bags just might make it to Christmas.


And with that, I'll get rid of this last photo from my phone and review head and neck anatomy.

0 comments:

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...