Recent Posts

Friday, April 19, 2013

Cloudy.

It's cloudy outside. That's how I feel.

I'm a words person you know.

Well, sometimes words hurt and sting and bite. And scar.

Today I doubt myself. My abilities. Some things of which I was most proud.

I guess I kind of deserve it.

I mean, you can't get a job at 23, be 20 years younger than everyone else, and really expect people to take you or your professional views seriously, can you? Even after a few years of experience.

I mean, where exactly are you getting your information?

Who am I kidding?!

I was just talking to one of my besties the other day and I am sooooo grateful to have caught up. Grateful that she helped me feel valued as a friend. Grateful that she helped me feel validated when I mentioned aging.

You can't stay "young" forever can you?

I realized that a week ago when I realized that the wonderful and unique near-peer relationship I have with students won't last forever.

Will I lose touch? Will I view students in a negative light?

I hope I remember. Remember the enthusiasm. The passion. The hope.

But, for now it's just cloudy.


1 comments:

SRA said...

You will always be years younger than me, and, I'll bet, others of your friends. Remember that when you get worked up about 'aging'.

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...