Recent Posts

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Love Language.

Tomorrow is book club.

I'm hosting. And five minutes ago I finished the book.

Don't worry. This wasn't the first read.

The book is "The 5 Love Languages" by Gary Chapman, and it is wonderful.

During the read, I correctly concluded that Ryan's primary language had changed to Quality Time, and re-concluded that my primary language is Words of Affirmation.

While nothing really new (that I hadn't gained the first time), five years of marriage have helped me better understand how love languages fit.

It has also helped me further realize how wonderful my husband is.

For example, in the past week...

1) While not his primary love language, he surprised me with flowers.

2) While not his primary love language, he cooked, cleaned, and did laundry.

3) To fill my emotional need for positive words he has complimented my appearance and even expressed concern over how future plans might affect me professionally.

I really could go on, but needless to say, I have a wonderful husband that I am proud of, whom I love, and whom I am lucky enough to get to spend eternity with.

Seems perfect to me. :)

1 comments:

Maleen said...

Book group really was fabulous. I loved the book and I think it started some interesting conversations. Thanks for hosting.

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...