Recent Posts

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Voter Apathy


They say (and by "they" I mean Google) that voting either makes you feel old or like a rockstar. I'm not sure why the polarized spectrum. Maybe it's a reflection of the current political climate?

Today as I voted, I did not feel like either. 


To tell the truth, I care about this race probably more than any other previous race in which I have voted. However, I don't feel that anyone running is going to make a difference and I'm tired of feeling like no matter how I vote, it will not matter in the one-party state in which I live. The Republican candidate will win and incumbents go unchallenged too often. 

This is particularly true in Utah County. Jason Chaffetz puts up a few signs and his challengers do not even have a website. 

He will win by margins as large as Castro's


So this is voter apathy. 
Maybe voting did make me feel old today.

0 comments:

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...