Recent Posts

Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 1: The Fisher of Men

As previously mentioned, I am hoping to forge a greater relationship with my Savior through guided study, faith, and prayer. While I know at times it will personal and sacred, I thought that recording and sharing some of my thoughts might be nice. 

In my challenge each day, the Savior is given a title; one of His many names. Each name is coupled with a daily invitation to follow Christ through action. I find this very appropriate. Around the Holidays, we often think of the glitz of Christmas, but don't realize that the true meaning of Christmas and the humble beginnings led to the life of the most important man who ever lived. The actions that we take indicate our devotion and faith in Him. 



Jesus Christ, the Son of God, invited his disciples to follow in his footsteps, "Come ye after me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Mark 1:17) As a follower of Christ, I hope to emulate him and to follow his admonition through continued study and implementation of His Gospel in my daily life.

Today's invitation is to Come; today try to listen for the quiet invitations from the Lord to come and see. 


"His love is great; he died for us. Shall we ungrateful be, 
Since he has marked a road to bliss And said, "Come follow me," 
Since he has marked a road to bliss And said, "Come follow me"?

0 comments:

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...