Recent Posts

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Decisiveness

Sometimes I wish I had a big red button that said: 
For the most part, I would say that I'm mildly 'adventurous' but that I like to know what I'm getting myself into. Once I know, I decide and do it. 

Most of the time this serves as a catalyst. However, when you combine big cities, multiple people, hunger, and the decision of where to go for dinner, it is detrimental and creates the perfect storm. 

When I lived in Spain as an undergraduate, we traveled all over the country and the surrounding area visiting ancient ruins, castles, museums, and markets. It was fabulous. 

The not so fabulous: having to pick somewhere to eat. 

It was horrible. There were times that a group of four of five of us wondered around for at least an hour or more trying to appease particularly picky palates while at the same time being able to experience the true delicacies of Spanish cuisine. I will admit that there were times that I caved for the simple, edible solution, but regret not being able to experience the true cuisines of the Mediterranean. 

It was frustrating. 

This frustration reemerged recently as I stood in a group of people in temperatures over 100. I remember panicking at the thought of wandering aimlessly around the city with hot temperatures, sore feet, and a heavy bag.  However, with a brief internal struggle, a bit of luck, and external finesse I managed to help the "Act Now" along.  

0 comments:

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...