Recent Posts

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Lost in Translation

I sent an email to a professor with a question regarding whether or not I could use a more recent edition of a textbook and received a confusing message in response.

Thanks a bunch?

I was confused until I realized that somehow the body of my message -- that is to say my entire message -- had been lost and all that had been sent was my closing salutation and signature. So while it wasn't really lost in translation, it definitely was MIA.

I'm not exactly sure how this happened, but I can't help but laugh at the situation. I imagine that my professor had a similar reaction when he saw that a student in his Independent Study course wished him all the best with no other context. Needless to say, I sent a clarification immediately.

0 comments:

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...