Recent Posts

Thursday, March 3, 2011

March Madness

In case you didn't know, Adrielle has a personality. Her newest stint: refusing veggies and anything besides sweets for that matter.

So, for the month of March, we decided we were not going to eat sweets. A do-as-I-do technique, and so far, so good. Ha, I say that, but it's only been three days, and yesterday at lunch with colleagues, I got dessert without thinking. It was totally habitual, I didn't even make the decision to get dessert. Luckily, before I could take a bite, they snatched the plate out of my hands ever so nicely and reminded me of my goal. I was so grateful! Positive peer pressure is truly a tender mercy.

Anyway, I felt strongly about the fact that Ryan and I needed to set a good example for Adi, so we decided March was the month. Sadly, today--only three days after we started our change--our nephew was diagnosed with diabetes. He's not even 3 years old. Call it what you will (my colleague said inspiration - ha) but I definitely felt it was a tender mercy when I realized that the needed lifestyle change for a diabetic will not only affect our nephew and his family, but also the extended family and our March maddness will have made it that much easier.

0 comments:

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...