Recent Posts

Monday, March 7, 2011

Ready for the Rex Lee - Honoring Wes and Andrea




Last year, Ryan and I ran the Rex Lee Run at BYU. (Actually, I walked 2 out of the 3 miles while pushing a 20lb stroller and 1-month-old baby, but that is a different story.)

We were really excited to start the tradition and to support cancer research, but this year wanted to make the tradition even more important and personal.

This year, Ryan and I will be running in the Rex Lee Run to honor and encourage two cancer fighters:



Our former graduate classmate and friend, Wes Truman who is battling brain cancer. 


And my cousin, Andrea Zimmerman Paxman who is battling Thyroid cancer. 

They are both so uplifting and positive and inspire others to be kind, Christ-like, and loving and live life to the fullest with their families while going through and overcoming insurmountable odds. 

Needless to say, we are so excited

Come cheer us on or race and honor someone yourself: Rex Lee Run 2011.

Go Cougars!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Aw...you are so nice! I feel completely honored that you would think of me. I feel like my Thyroid cancer is a tiny fight compared to your classmate's brain cancer. My deepest prayers go out for his family.

Becca said...

Oh man thanks for reminding me! I am totally doing this.

Amanda Jeffs said...

This is a sweet post, but so sad that cancer affects people so young!

Haylee said...

You guys are SOOO nice!! I don't know if you knew this but Wes's wife (Lori) is my cousin. Aren't they the BEST!!?

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...