Recent Posts

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Oh the Crafty-Craft

I love Martha Stewart, she's fabulous. In fact, when I was about 12 or 13, my dad bought me a subscription to Martha Stewart Living Magazine. Priceless. 

However, I am in no way crafty. My mom is crafty. Ryan is crafty. You want the evidence? 

Anyway, about a week ago, I found Martha's Valentine's magic... 


Don't you love them. 

So, I ventured to the dollar store and with my total supplies of $1.00 crayons and $1.17 wax paper, started my first craft project in over two years. 




First I turned the crayons into crayon shavings (my thumb says 'ouch')...


Then we cut wax paper and ironed the crayons...


After that and during this event, I traced and cut. Traced and cut. Traced and cut.
After that I used a needle and thread to tie them and tapped them to the window frame...

But, it was all worth the wait, because our window looks fantastic.


The first view of the completed project...


The view from the inside. 

It was definitely fun, and although I was skeptical, they turned out fabulously. It brightens up our house and just helps me feel festive! And, despite the skepticism, I was actually proud of myself, and sooo thrilled when my neighbor across the way noticed them the next morning and told me she liked our hearts! Thank you for noticing Meredith! 

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Oh my goodness! Love it! Every month, when I get my Martha Stewart Living magazine, I think, "yeah right!" You've given me the inspiration to try the fun crafts!

Megumi said...

They turned out so cute! I saw these on another blog and thought of trying them myself! You did such a great job!!

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...