Recent Posts

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Fall Decorating!

For the past couple of months, I have been telling Ryan that I want a wreath to put on our front door. We've looked at a few, and seen some that we've liked, but nothing that we were willing to buy; however, yesterday we put 'finding a wreath' on our To Do List, and went to Michael's to find one.

Before our trip to Michael's, we asked my mom if she would come with us, and of course she said yes! (She is very creative and crafty!) So together we went in search of the perfect wreath. Michael's had a ton of very pretty fall wreaths that were all put together, but the down side was that they were $40 or $50! (A little out of our price range.) But, being with my creative mother and my creative husband, they bought things to make a wreath! I was a bit skeptical at first (because I am not creative), but after about an hour of magic, the final outcome was 1000 times better than any of the pre-made wreaths that you could buy! Plus, ours cost about $20! Thanks sweetheart! Here is the final outcome:

Our Gorgeous Fall Wreath
(Courtesy of Ryan and Diane)

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I love it! We had the same trouble with finding a wreath too. I ended up buying one at Roberts when they were 40% off. They can be expensive! You guys did a great job making it, I should have had your mom help me :)

McKenzie said...

Melissa! You should! I'm sure she'd love to help! We figure she could make these and sell them for a profit! We'd like to make one for her birthday!

Thompson Family said...

It's gorgeous Kenz! I think being crafty is one of my favorite things in this world. I always feel so good about myself when I make something beautiful and then you get to enjoy it in your home or see the joy it brings someone else. We should becoming to Utah next month- I can't wait to see you and meet your husband!

Carbonneau said...

Love the wreath! How fun, thanks for the inspiration, maybe I need a fun project. :)

Parrish Family said...

Hey Ryan! It was good to hear from you on our blog! I like your guys blog. Your wedding pictures sure look gorgeous!

And I did NOT know you had such wonderful wreath decorating skills! I will have to hire you for all my wreath needs! :-) It looks really good!

We still need to get together sometime since, you guys are not in Arizona. Maybe we can come to Provo. I have been really wanting to go to the Brick Oven. Think about it!

P.S. What is Ryan (Mad Dog) up to lately?

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...