Recent Posts

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

My Pink Peak

On July 8th, 2016, at age 29, I was diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, grade 3 (stage TBD).

Also known as Breast Cancer.

And I'm going to kick its......... butt.

I have known my body is trying to kill me for less than a week and a half and I have received more love and support than most people in their entire lives. Friends, family, framily. I am so grateful for your love and support. I have felt your prayers and comfort and I will forever be in awe of the buoy that is my village (#thesearemyvillage).  

I've revived our blog to write about my fight and I've dubbed it "My Pink Peak". Some of the experiences will be raw and full of emotion and others will be sacred and personal, but I want to remember and in a way help others too. I'll be posting under the label #mypinkpeak and using that tag on Facebook and Instagram (@ryan_kenz_adi_ellis). (Make sure to start at "Part 1" if you want to know the whole story.) 

I will try, try, try to respond to texts, Messenger, iMessage, WhatsApp, phone calls, and emails as soon as possible and please, please, please don't hesitate to reach out, but don't be offended if it takes me a while. Don't worry about not knowing what to say, #cancersucks and all you have to do is say "I'm sorry," or "I'm thinking about you," or "I'm praying for you," or "What do you need?" This can't be fixed, only time and treatment will cure. 

I do have one favor to ask however. If you're a woman, do a breast exam. If you're a man, encourage your wife or mother to do a breast exam. If you're either, encourage those around you to do a breast exam. 

I am lucky that I found my lump and got it checked out. 

I knew I was not immune to this mortal body and that anyone, at any age can get breast cancer. So do a breast exam. Do one lying down and one standing up. Have your doctor do one. 

Do not wait to have the peace of mind or a fighting chance... yesterday.

(*I am keeping this post at the top for a few weeks despite it not being the actual most recent.) 

2 comments:

Cindy B said...

I am so sorry! I just found this. I'll be praying for you. Hang in there! I love you!

Unknown said...

Praying for you! And doing a breast exam standing up and laying down. And telling all the women in my life to do one. I know we weren't close growing up in VA, but I will always remember your go getter attitude. You got this, girl!!

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...