Recent Posts

Sunday, July 17, 2016

And So It Begins...

Yes. I am a cancer patient. And this week has been crazy, but I'm going to try and take it one day at a time. 

Monday morning (July 11th) I woke up and said, "Let's go!" Expecting to meet with the surgeon sometime that day and to prepare for some life-changing surgeries, I wanted to make sure we could make it in time if we needed to (we were in Farmington at the time). I fully anticipated an aggressive, double mastectomy and Ryan had moved his board exam because that was the kind of thing we were anticipating. 

Pretty early Lori texted me. She said that her dad had arranged for an appointment with Jennifer Tittensor! 

Ah-ma-zing. 

What a blessing. 

I called my family practice the moment they opened and let them know about my appointment. I appreciated their help and they were already on the ball, making arrangements with Dr. Tittensor's office, so I was double prepared. 

Tuesday we would meet with the surgeon. 

Tuesday we would finally know more. 

Tuesday we would make a plan.

What we didn't fully anticipate was the response from the clinical placement office. Because Ryan had moved his test, Georgia was no longer an option and that once he had taken his test (which he rescheduled for the first available date: July 20th) they could give us a new plan.

Well that sucks.

And really makes me feel great considering I already just learned I have cancer.

I tried to be positive via iMessage to Ryan, and I know it will work out, but when we finally talked about it that night we both expressed frustration and disappointment.

So much for the southern charm but who knows what Heavenly Father has in store for us.


Tuesday we would meet with the surgeon. 

Tuesday we would finally know more. 

Tuesday we would make a plan.

0 comments:

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...