Recent Posts

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Love Me Some Peyton Manning

Before I update the world on our past two weeks on the island, I thought I would reference some important things that happened before Adi and I left Utah...

First of all, Heidi and I flew to Denver for the National Resume Writer's Association Conference. (Last year it was in Chicago.)


#whereintheworldismckenzienow


This was a BIG, especially considering we were presenting and it was the reason Ryan headed to Grenada before I did.

The first night we were there, Heidi and I hit up downtown and Sam's #3




I ordered their Green Chile Burger at the recommendation of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives...



#itseemedlikeagoodideaatthetime #notagoodidea

I also hit up the town with a colleague from back East. Last year in Chicago I was with him when I was legitimately carded for the first time, and this year surprise, surprise, I was carded the second time when we went to a bowling alley!? (Bowling score too pitiful to be divulged.) 

The next morning the pre-conference workshops took place, and I started the conference by learning about my "Millennial Ranking" from a Pew Center Research Quiz



Who knew? Apparently my lack of ink brings my score down... 

We joked about the number of shoes a girl needs for a three-day conference... 



And about my shameless selfie addiction...


#jokingnotjoking 

I got to see Hannah, Andrew, and Casen before I left (only a few days before Casen's 1st Birthday!) 


Bought a Broncos hat and it stayed on my head for three days straight. #ilovepeytonmanning #obsessed #nextchildisgoingtobepeyton



Had more fun with this lady...


And apparently set NRWA fashions--this was tweeted by a colleague... something about the skirt, pearls, hat, and flip-flops. (:


After the conference was over, Heidi and spent more time downtown where we ate super yummy food...


Smoked Salmon Salad with a caper sauce... loved (capers were a bit strong), want to recreate this baby!


Eating out with Heidi is not complete without sweet potato fries... (:

As one last hooray, Heidi took me bowling--I NEVER bowl, but twice in one week is pretty amazing.  We had to wait at the bar--yes, Heidi and I ordered water at the bar! (: 


And I actually got my bowl on...


Got really close to breaking 100, which for me has NEVER happened. #badbowlerproblems



It really was a great conference and I'm excited to have reconnected with colleagues like Sara...


All in all, Denver was a great trip. I look forward to starting my own consulting firm and the continued relationships I will be able to develop because of it. 

0 comments:

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...