Recent Posts

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Raining

I was told this morning (by a Grenadian) that Grenadians are afraid of the rain because it's cold and if you go out in it, it will make you sick. Well, it's been cloudy and rainy all day and I am enjoying it because every once in a while a cloudy day helps you enjoy those that are sunny even more.

I thought that, having lived in the D.C. area, I knew a little about heavy rain. There was one day that I was in traffic creeping out of the city on 395. Everyone was going so slowly because the rain was coming down so hard and fast. I had the wipers going full speed but the water kept on coming and I could hardly see anything. Well, I was wrong thinking that was rain. Today it rained so hard that we could not hear each other in Sunday school. The teacher was literally yelling, as were those reading scriptures. Just when I thought it could not come down any harder or be any louder, it did (I had this thought three times). Looking out the windows all we could see was a wall of water. So much for our view of Grand Anse.

Speaking of rain, I used my poncho for the first time on Friday. It was raining hard and I waited as long as I could before I had to leave or else I was not going to get to lab on time. So I put my beach flip flops and my poncho on, covering my backpack. As I was locking the door, thunder shook the house (the thunder sounds and feels like it is right above you here) and I had visions of getting struck by lightening and not making it to lab. Fortunately, everything was fine. I walked down our road (which was also serving as a small river at the time) and the bus arrived right as I got to the corner.

0 comments:

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...