Recent Posts

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Home Inspection: Check!


It's really hard for me to realize that at 25, I am an adult. And technically have been for a while. 

But, it's when you start talking about real-life interest rates, down payments, escrows, and home inspections that you realize you are "grown up"; and all this despite having a kid. Yikes. 

How did I get to this point? How have I been married for four years? How have I been out of graduate school for more than two years... with a two-year-old? 

To quote a favorite family line, "It's a mystery."


Yesterday, we had our home inspection. It was exciting because previously we had only spent literally three to five minutes total in our home-to-be.

We went in the attic which is absolutely enormous, saw the crawl space (who knew?), and learned about gas lines, power mains, and green-sticker certification.

We were also happy to notice a few upgrades that we won't have to fix, and thrilled to hear that other than a few minor details, our home is in absolutely wonderful shape! In fact, the inspector, Kevin, told us we had a great home and "I think you'll love this home."

Perfect.



So. Very. Excited. 

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Lucky! I wish that we could afford a home in D.C.! Not very likely...

Chelsea said...

Lucky! I wish that we could afford a home in D.C.! Not very likely...

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...