Recent Posts

Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Letters

A friend of mine from college writes weekly letters every Friday about things that have happened during the week. Little things that are important to her. I thought this was a perfect way to live in the moment and enjoy the here and now. So, I'm going to implement this on our blog and I'm excited about the simple joy it will bring to read and re-read these small memories for years to come. 



Dear Adi, 
You were sick last night, I'm sorry
I'm glad I was there to run my fingers through your hair. 
I love you.
You're getting so big--I'm constantly amazed at where my baby went. 
You've started picking out your own clothes to wear and asking for piggies.
You've got great style and your piggies look so cute. 
Love, 
Your mommy.

Dear Ry, 
I love you.
This week has been long. But we're doing it. 
Thank you so much for your help--you're such a strength.
You got up at 6, you're amazing. 
I have a surprise for our free day. I'm excited to give it to you!
You're taking the MCAT in less than three weeks!
I'm nervous excited for you! 
We're doing this, we're really doing this. 
Love, 
Your hungry, excited wife. 

Dear self, 
Life is good.
Although week three has been rough, you can hard things. 
Remember that you are your worst critic. 
Think about the small successes. 
Remember your Father in Heaven loves you and you have support. 
Your two best friends are your hubby and your little girl and they love you. 
You are the luckiest girl in the world. 
Love, 
A happy, grateful self. 

1 comments:

SRA said...

This IS a nice idea. Thanks for sharing your letters.

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...