Recent Posts

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Validation

"The Worst Christmas Song Ever" title officially goes to The Christmas Shoes!


For anyone who knows me, I dislike this Christmas song more than any other bad Christmas song out there. This says a lot because there are plenty of terrible Christmas songs out there. All it takes is to mention Zat You Santa Claus?, I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas, or anything by Neil Diamond to prove my point.

On a tangent, isn't Neil Diamond Jewish? Not that it matters too much I guess, because I'm sure there are several other artists who do not believe in Jesus that sing about His birth. It just cheapens the experience for me, especially when compared to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Amy Grant, and others who sing songs like O' Holy Night backed by sincere belief and devotion.

(O' Holy Night is my favorite Christmas hymn. My grandpa would sing it for us every Christmas Eve followed by a reading of Luke 2. It is also Binx's favorite - every time she hears it she belts out, "Oh, niiiiiight!")

So there, some validation to my feelings. I am not alone in my disgust for Christmas Shoes. I once thought I might be because the overall consensus from those whom I have polled has been that it is okay. Kenz doesn't mind it, my mom doesn't like it, my brothers and dad love it, my sister is indifferent. So sorry to friends and family who like this song, but there are much better carols out there.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I also hate "Christmas Shoes"... and "Baby, It's Cold Outside"... and, most recently, the 'There won't be snow in Africa' song. I'm totally a Grinch (a character I also dislike, btw).

Kathleen said...

How on earth did "Santa Baby" not make it past the first round??

Also terrible and not on the list, "Same Old Lang Syne" by Dan Fogelberg.

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...