Recent Posts

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Humor en Espanol

Ask Kenz and she'll tell you that I have a completely different sense of humor when I'm speaking Spanish. Well, I have a Guatemalan friend at school who is a really funny older lady with a thick accent. We share a class with another friend who also speaks Spanish.

Today we had the funniest conversation that may not be funny at all to you, but I think it's hilarious.

I was talking about the pampa in Chile and our friend, not hearing the m, says, "papa?" (Which means potato.)
And she says, "Somebody's hungry."
Then our friend says, "el papa?" (Which means the Pope.)
And she says, "Somebody's sinning."

I will laugh for days over this and everyone will think I'm ridiculous. Oh, well.

0 comments:

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...