Recent Posts

Monday, April 12, 2010

Rex Lee Run - March 13, 2010

For the past six years, I have had the goal to run (or walk) the Rex Lee Run. Every year however, I have missed it... until this year!

On Saturday, March 13, 2010, Ryan and I participated in the 2010 Rex Lee Run. It was so much fun! Ryan ran the 10K, and Adi and Walked the 5K.

(Baby Adi bundled up for her first race at 1 month old!)

To start the morning off, we got dressed for the cold weather, and bundled Baby Adi in her furry pink blanket and hat and headed to the track.


We got to the track early where we snapped some photos and ran into our good friend and classmate, Alison. Then, we got ready to race.



The 10K started at 9:00am, so Ryan was off. While we were waiting, Adi met Cosmo for the first time! My baby is going to be a cougar yet!


Finally, it was our turn. At 9:15am Adi and I started our first race--together! We started out at a brisk walk down Canyon Road and then up University Parkway. But, after we turned onto 9th East... we decided to jog! Yes people--1 month after giving birth I was jogging! (And I was SO excited about it!) We jogged for a whole mile and then went back to walking. In the mean time, Ryan finished his race. When we were passing the Indoor Practice Field, he met up with us to finish ours!

After about 3.1 miles, Adi and I crossed the finish line!


It was such sweet success after 6 years (despite the slow pace), and sadly we won't be here to do it next year... But, there are plenty of races in Washington--including a Breast Cancer Awareness Race in May and the Marine Corps 10K in October...

I can't wait for more of these awesome finish-line pictures!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow. Now that is impressive.
PS. What is the Rex Lee Run? I've never heard of it.

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...