Recent Posts

Monday, April 12, 2010

The "Offer"

For those of you blog junkies out there... do you remember me saying that I received a phone call while I was in labor. The one that was to set up an interview? :) (If not, don't feel bad, it was in the super long birth story.)

Anyway... that phone call was the beginning of a process. A process that gives me the pleasure to happily announce (despite the fact that Ryan already did so) that we're moving! We're moving to Washington, DC on April 24th!

On March 24th, I received a phone call from the Partnership for Public Service offering me a position as an Education and Outreach Program Associate! I was so ecstatic! My answer was absolutely YES! The only hurdle to overcome then was the start date... they wanted to know when I could start.

Well... turns out that was more non-negotiable then anything, but Dr. Hart would be proud because they wanted me on the 19th, I wanted to start on the 26th. They wanted me on the 19th, and I wanted to be in Utah on the 23rd...

So... I do start on the 19th! Yes people, THAT IS NEXT WEEK! (Oh my goodness!) But, I will be here on the 23rd! I negotiated being here for graduation. I really didn't want to miss graduation and then regret it for the rest of my life. To me, this graduation is a lot more important and a bigger deal than my bachelor's was, and besides, Ryan and I are graduating from the Romney Institute together, just like my parents did. So, I'm looking forward to walking again with Ryan. This time, as a graduate of the Marriott School of Management. Excited? I think yes.

Back to my story--I start in Washington next Monday which means that I fly out Sunday the 18th and the fly back to Utah on Thursday the 22nd. Ryan and I graduate on Friday the 23rd, and then my mother-in-law, Jennifer, Baby Adi, and I fly back to Washington at 7:00am on Saturday the 24th and Ryan and his brother, Adam, start the 3-4 day drive to Washington with our stuff.

Crazy, I know! Ryan and I are so excited to have something solidified. We're looking forward to meeting new people, overcoming new trials, and raising Baby Adi as a Virginia girl (yes, we're aiming for the Virginia side people)! We aren't positive where we'll be living yet, but we have a prospect that we're really hoping for--keep your fingers crossed!

Finally, to announce her excitement about it all, Adi dawned her Partnership onsie :)!

6 comments:

Shan said...

Congratulations on the job. So glad to know they took into kind consideration the fact that you were in labor. :)

Jolena said...

Congrats again. That's awesome!

Tim and Jennifer said...

So cute. Congrats again!

Melissa said...

I'm not excited at all. Okay I am, just sad that you'll be moving away from me. Your little family will do great out there in the real world!

Alison Rae said...

Oh I am so excited you will be here for graduation. I will also miss you guys tons!

Meg said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys. :)

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...