Recent Posts

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Finally Here!

I must have had the memories of the last leg of the trip placed in the deep recesses of my mind, because I am drawing a blank as to what happened. I tried to get Kenz to write this post, but she insisted that it was my turn. 

Anyway, we left early with hopes to arrive early. This plan was thwarted by the devious GPS that decided to take us down from Indianapolis to Cincinnati rather than straight through to Columbus. This cost us an hour that we could have used doing something more productive, like sleeping in. 

Another side effect of the trip down 74 to Cincinnati was that Kenz got a "citation" for going 15 over. She was following the fast car, the cop came from the other side of the freeway and nailed both cars with tickets. I didn't know that two cars could be pulled over at the same time. Kenz said that I was "blowing in her ear" (inside joke). 


Well, the ticket is going to cost $139.50, so much for our crouton budget. After Kenz go the citation, I said something to the effect of, "Well, there goes all the money we were going to spend on croutons!" It was the first thing that came to my mind. (I was once told that some of the most clever things I will ever think, I should never say. This is an example of what can happen when I say before I really think it through. Lesson failed.) 

It's really too bad, I wanted to try these delectable nuggets of dried garlic-ness.

After that, more driving through a lot of flat nothing until we got to Ohio, where we started to see some more trees. It changed a lot after that point to nothing but trees. West Virginia and Pennsylvania were beautiful, as was Maryland. 


But, I hear that West Virginians are a little backwards...the cousin-marrying type, or sister marrying-type. Needless to say, we didn't stop in West Virginia. We didn't want any scary run-ins with kissing cousins to taint our perception of its beauty. 



And, finally after more driving we arrived to a beautiful, somewhat muggy, warm day in northern Virginia! Until I start my internship, we are staying with Kenz's cousin in Fairfax Station, which is AWESOME!!! They live on about 5 acres with horses, trees, two dogs, a cat and some kids, too. Pictures of our adventures here to come!

This is just a teaser of what pictures are to come, me and a cat. (That is a nervous smile, cats have sharp teeth, claws, and unpredictable temperaments. I do not know how to tame them nor do anything with them as they are evil creatures.)

2 comments:

Elise said...

I hate that cat more than anything in this world. Moses is a weirdo and totally retarded. You should probably refrain from him. Aside from that negative note, I'm so excited that you get to stay with my brother and his family! You're so lucky and I'm so jealous.

Ryan said...

They are the coolest!

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...