Recent Posts

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend at the Cabin


This past weekend we were able to go up to the cabin with a few friends. I wish we had brought the camera for our adventures on the lake, there had to have been some pretty sweet wipe out pictures of us riding the tube. This was the goal of tube riding: stay on. And, when you can stay on no longer, try not to get hurt too much as your flailing body skips along the lake's surface like a rock. (This is how one of my wipe outs was described to me, "You looked like a rock skipping along the lake." And, another, "You looked like a rag doll out there.") Yes, thank you, it felt like it. Today I was assessing my bruised body, and found that there are several on my legs, one on the top of my right foot, and probably quite a few on my back. I knew that my last ride and subsequent fall was a bad one, especially when I came up gasping for air because the wind had been knocked out of me. My life jacket was also contorted to one side. That was the wipe out when I looked like a rag doll. But hey, it was all in the name of fun. And it was pretty fun, until I woke up this morning.


Well, after we went back to the cabin after the lake, we decided to try our luck with the 4-wheelers. As you can see, Brad was pretty excited. I don't think he had been beaten up enough by tubing on the lake.

Adam going through the stream.

Well, as if we had not gotten wet enough earlier in the day on the lake, we decided to go to one of our favorite spots on the trail to cool off a little more. You can probably guess why we think it's so much fun going through this stream.

This is Dan Brown.

While we thought it was a great time, a fisherman who was illegally fishing downstream from us did not think it was so great. He came over to tell us that we couldn't go through the stream multiple times, as it eroded the stream bed and kicked up sediment into the water. He then headed up stream to scout out a better place to continue poaching.


After taking some pictures we then headed back to the cabin. As you can see, it was dusty. Some of us ate more dirt than others.

Ashley liked eating dirt the most.

Then Dan,

and Brad,

and Adam.

I didn't like eating dirt that much, I guess. I don't think that Kenz did either. (See the first dust eating picture). But it could be that we were just lucky enough to be leading the group and didn't have to eat anyone's dust.



2 comments:

Kathryn Packer Roberts said...

Ryan, I thought you ate mud on a daily basis? I hope you don't mind I added your link to my blog as well...We are BEST buddies, remember? =) Here's mine...http://brykateemma.blogspot.com/ Though, it isn't as fun as yours.

Tim and Jennifer said...

Looks fun! Although, I don't eat dirt

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...