Recent Posts

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

General Conference

The week of General Conference was a whirlwind.

The Career Fair was on Wednesday and the BYUPAS annual board meeting and luncheon were on Saturday. It was quite eventful.

Our board meeting ended around 9:15 so we walked to the Blue Lemon caddy-corner from temple square. We knew we would likely run into the first session, so around 10:05 or so we parted ways and headed to listen.

As I was walking along South Temple, I made eye contact with, said hello, and smiled at a man handing out pamphlets on the street. I knew it was likely anti-Mormon literature, so when he offered me one, I simply smiled and said no thank you.

About 10 or 15 steps further up the street I felt that I should go back and thank him for being respectful. I was hesitant at first, but I'm not one that can easily ignore those kind of impressions.

As I walked back (not having a clue what to say) I made eye contact with him and simply thank him for being respectful. He commented that he wasn't here to bash, simply to share his beliefs. I thanked him for that as well, wished him a good day, and walked to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building with a smile on my face.

As I found a seat in the gorgeous chapel (that I didn't know existed), President Monson was concluding his remarks. I historic announcement changing missionary age from 19 to (a possible) 18 for men and from 21 to 19 for women. Neat.

The rest of the weekend was nice. Ryan, Adi, and I spent Saturday with his family and then we spent Sunday with my family. It was a neat weekend and spiritually uplifting. I love listening to the Prophet and Apostles.


JSMB Chapel (it reminds me of the Salt Lake Temple)


Conference Bingo 


Girls (and kids') Night Out!


Jennifer, Adi, and Gavin shoppin' around town!


Adi and Grandpa reading 

0 comments:

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...