Recent Posts

Monday, July 2, 2012

Memory Lane | Our Story

A friend of mine asked me to contribute to her research paper. She's examining how couples meet and asked me to share our story. It was nice reminiscing, so I thought I would share my thoughts here as well. (Ha. It's not like this is the first time I will have told our story!) (:

Here's the short version:

Ryan and I met in our advanced English class our Junior year of college in 2007. One of the requirements of the class was a semester-long research project, and because of our similar majors (Spanish and Latin American Studies), we were placed in the same group, and over the course of the semester we got to know each other fairly well in class.

I thought he was pretty cute, but it wasn't until the last week of classes that I started showing some interest. Our group was walking through the library during finals week and someone had written "Stressed? It's just desserts spelled backwards!" I thought it was pretty clever, so I decided I would make cookies and take them over to him as a finals stress relief.

We went our separate ways for the summer, but that fall we took another class together and started dating. We dated for about six months before getting engaged and a month after we graduated from college we got married. 

There's way more to tell than that, but I figure the short version should be readily available for posterity's sake. (:

Love you Ryan!

0 comments:

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...