Recent Posts

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Today.

Well, not today, but once upon a time... that feels like today, I wrote this memory. (:



- March 8, 2008 - 

Today was the best day of my life! The love of my life and my best friend asked if I would spend eternity with him, and I said yes! I am so incredibly happy, and can't even find words to describe how I feel about him. 

Here is our engagement story. Yesterday I drove up to Farmington to meet Ryan at his house. I was so elated to see him because he'd been gone since Thursday. We got back in the car and drove to Salt Lake to do some errands. We'd talked about other plans for the day, and had planned to go to the Joseph Smith movie at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. But, come to find out, that was his cover to have an excuse to go to Temple Square. So, as we were walking around the East side of the temple we were watching the wedding parties taking pictures, and it was darling! Then he said "Let's go inside." I thought he meant lets go inside Temple Square, but then he leads me to the temple grounds and we start walking around the temple. It was beautiful and peaceful like the temple always is, and I was happy just being there with him. We stopped and I made a comment about the Gothic style... oblivious to his excitement. Then, I turn around and see some flowers (red roses) on a bench under a tree in the South West corner of the grounds. First thing I thought was that a bride had left her bouquet on the bench. Ryan then gave me a hug and told me sweet things and then said "actually, these are for you" referring to the roses. Then he pulls out a small bag and said, "this is for you too". At this point I start hyperventilating trying to open the bag, knowing what is inside. Finally I undo the ribbon, and Ryan takes the box and opens it to find a ring box. I was on the verge of tears at this point, and then at that moment he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I said yes and kissed him and hugged him, and kissed him again. Then, he took the ring out of the box and put it on my finger! I am so excited and incandescently happy! I was, and will be for eternity the happiest and luckiest girl in the world! He is my love, my life, and my best friend! He is the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I can't imagine my life - even one day - without him! 

After he'd asked me, and I'd said yes, his mom and sister came and congratulated us with big smiles and hugs. They took pictures of us where he'd proposed, and told me a little of the scheming he'd been doing all week (including the cover to get me to Temple Square - we've been talking about seeing the Joseph Smith movie for months) I had had no idea! We had looked at rings, and I knew it was coming, but I was positively certain that he did not have the ring, so any suspicions were subdued by that thought! I had no idea that he would propose - it was such a delightful surprise! It was the absolute perfect day, I love you Ryan! 

We are getting married and being sealed for time and all eternity on May 23rd, 2008 in the Salt Lake Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, it will be the best day of my life.



0 comments:

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...