Recent Posts

Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Sun! The Sun! I saw the Sun!

That's right! The sun actually shines in Seattle. I felt quite lucky that the weather was so incredible--I thouroughly enjoyed my trip and found that it was the most fun and successful outreach trip I've been on to date. We'll see if Portland in December can sway me to the Northwest even further.

My first day in Seattle was overcast. As I drove to the city after landing, I noticed the grey skies immediately. But, by early afternoon, the skies started to clear, the sun came out, and my trip to the top of the Space Needle was perfect.


Views from the top of the Space Needle, Seattle, WA 


From above and below. (If you look closely you can see a helipad and helicopter. Those belong to Bill Gates.) 

After a beautiful trip to the top, I headed out of the city for dinner with recruiters at the beautiful Palisades restaurant. Elegant, delicious, simply beautiful.


I loved our view of the marina from our table--perfect sunset. (I was sad Ryan wasn't there to enjoy it with me.)

The next day, I headed out to a beautiful building owned by Weyerhaueser. It was a pyramid built into the ground and was covered with greenery. It was really neat. And, because it was outside the city, it was more calm, relaxed, and peaceful. 

After my appointments that day, I thought I'd drive to the Seattle Temple. I was just going to take a few pictures, but decided that I would do a session. Needless to say, I got lost amongst the escalators. 


The rest of the week consisted of walking Pike's place and eating some delicious food. Photographic evidence...


Ivar's was good, especially their famous Clam Chowder. Stopped for some peach crepes, slightly disappointed. And, of course I love breakfast, so the Brown Bag Cafe was on the menu (and those were the leftovers! And, don't listen to what google tells you because Topolino's wasn't that great. 


Loved the old-town architecture, fresh flowers and peppers, and who doesn't love a good fish market with an onlooking pig!? 


I got to enjoy sights of the market from every direction and saw the space needle from every point in the city as well. I walked everywhere.


Visited Weyerhauser headquarters--gorgeous, and the first Starbucks. I also made it to a bizzare Asian market inside a building downtown. Awesome? I think so.

1 comments:

Kali and JT said...

I LOOOOVE BROWN BAG. YUM YUM YUM. Love the seattle post!

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...