Recent Posts

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Sleepless in Seattle

A few weeks ago, Ryan and I got our very own Internet connection. That's right people. We're all grown up. 

After connecting for the first time, we were surfing and thought we might check out Netflix. I had used instant streaming at my parent's house, but it didn't dawn on me that it would work at our house. Until I guessed on my dad's log in ID and password. Ta da! That's right, I was right. 

So, Ryan and I started to dabble in a few shows such as the Kennedy's, Mansfield Park, Pride and Prejudice, etc. 

It wasn't until I was in Seattle, with a small netbook that my new fancy was becoming a new obsession.

Each evening, after exploring the city, I surfed Netflix to find something to occupy my thoughts. Of course I had a few books, but was ready for some good TV. It was then that I discovered ABC Family's "Switched at Birth".  I should never watch TV shows online. I'm glued. Frozen. Completely hooked. And this was no exception. It was like some strange voyeurism. Looking in on people's lives, however fictional they may be. And I couldn't help but love the relationship between Bay and Emmett. 


Is it a bad thing that I watched six episodes in a row? Yes, six. I'm not even going to mention what time of day (or night) it was when I finally made the 'responsible' decision to go to sleep. I just couldn't help it. I wasn't even tired. 

The worst part? When the season was over, I was sad. I wanted more details, more of the story, more of their life, drama, and ridiculous high school romance. Lame, I know. 

Come to find out my specified age range for Netflix selections lands between 12 and 15 years old. Sappy high school dramas? Yes please. You may feel free to ridicule. 

3 comments:

kelli said...

bah haaa. I watch Switched at Birth TOOO,and as much as I hate it, I want to know more of the story as well!! I am so glad I'm not alone :)

Elise said...

Haha... I just started watching that show today! It really interested me since I took 3 years of ASL. You definitely wouldn't know it, though, because I can't understand anything they're signing!

Shan said...

I watch it too! I love the sappy teenager shows.

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...