Recent Posts

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Tumbled Heap of Child

The littlest Binx was sick the night before last. We woke up to a pitiful, distressed cry at about 2:00 am and found she had thrown up. She threw up two more times between 3:00 and 4:00 am. Throw in a couple of baths and a 3 am trip to Walmart for saltines and Pedialyte, and you get about 3 hours total of sleep.

Kenz and I were wasted but Binx woke up at 7:00 am bright eyed and bushy tailed. (How does that work?) Not knowing if Binx would still be sick during the day, Kenz took the day off and I went to my 8 am class. I came home a little earlier from campus (hoping that Binx would take a nap so I could take a nap), but it turned out that all Binx wanted to do was play outside - all day.

Out of sheer exhaustion, we complied and took her to the park (where she had already been earlier in the day). She wanted to show me that she was no longer afraid of going down the big twisty slide all by herself.


I think the fact that the platform to get to the slide is 4 ft. tall and has no stairs leading to it implies that kids this size should not be going down the slide. Yet she seemed unfazed by the obstacle. Kenz said Binx had already been down a couple of times by herself, but as I helped Binx up to the platform I had visions of her jumping off the slide, or her shoe catching on a turn sending the little girl rolling down the twists and turns and expelling her from the end in a tumbled heap.


It turned out the little girl was quite skilled at using the shoes as brakes. I lost all fear when I saw her coming down the slide at about .2 miles per hour.


Definitely no tumbled heap of child at the bottom of this slide.

0 comments:

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...