Recent Posts

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tonight, We Made a Difference

Tonight's outreach activity with the Red Cross has made the work of the past four months worth all the effort and frustration. We taught basic first aid skills to roughly 25-30 Spanish-speaking parents and scouts, which involved lots of fake blood, marshmallow "bones" and a water balloon fight. The scouts had fun and learned the skills. My team had a great time and bonded. But most importantly, I know we made a difference.

After my bloody compound fracture instruction, one parent told me that first of all, she hoped nothing like this ever happened to her. (I don't blame her.) But, if it did, she would now know how to confront the situation, which she had never known how to do before. I thought to myself, "This is what's it's all about. This is the purpose of this Outreach Program that I have been working so hard to establish. Tonight, we made a difference."

0 comments:

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...