Recent Posts

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mercer Blue

Saturday Ryan and I went to Lowe's with my dad. He was looking for some stuff and we wanted to get paint for Adrielle's room. While we were looking for paint, I found a really neat Eddie Bauer bedroom design with green on green walls (and picked up the card for a future guest bedroom). Ryan saw it and didn't like it, but did find the bedroom design below...


He showed my dad the color sample, Mercer Blue, and my dad bought a sample of the color to try as an accent wall. But, after we helped paint a small area at their house, Ryan asked if we could borrow the color to sample on our walls... I was mortified because our bedroom set is red and gold--how would blue work into the design? But, Ryan somehow manages to always know best...

When we got home, we decided to try out a small section of the wall...


And liked it so much we went back to Lowe's to buy a gallon of Eddie Bauer, Mercer Blue paint, prepped the room, and painted...


And, voila! The final product (well, at least the accent wall...)


I will admit, I was quite surprised by how much I liked the color and of course--Ryan was right--the blue pops and completes the room. Yay for color!

(Oh, and for those of you wondering about how we can paint in our apartment--we have to paint it neutral before we leave, but we plan on being here for a couple years so... :)

1 comments:

Kathleen said...

Great color!!

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...