Recent Posts

Friday, January 28, 2011

Thoughts on Self Disclosure

For the most part, I like my personality. In fact, I pride myself in my emotional intelligence, (in other words, my ability to read people, situations, and their emotions) and my ability to put people at ease. 

However, my personality is a two-edged sword. 

Have you ever been with a group of people, peers, that you may not know very well, and said something in jest that no one understood. Then, to make it worse, they think you're serious. 

Hmmmm, that's me, and in the awkward after silence, I am not at ease.

I'm not a private person; I tell it how it is. But, as life goes on, I realize that I should learn to observe, then speak. Maybe this will be a New Year's Resolution. Maybe.

0 comments:

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...