Recent Posts

Friday, January 28, 2011

102.8 Degrees

That was Adrielle's temperature yesterday afternoon.

My impression was that anything over 100.3 during the first year, was something about which we should be concerned. When the nurse told me, I felt so guilty. Unfortunately I have two unreliable thermometers, so when my mom called and said I had a "feverish" baby, I knew we should probably go to the doctor's office. 

But, after speaking with the nurse, I guess over three months, 102.8 isn't the concern, the concern is the underlying reason for the fever. The good news, is that Adi's on the mend. 

Diagnosis: productive, mild fever fighting minor ear infection and other cold-like symptoms. 

Treatment: rest, fluids, amoxicillin and a combination of tylenol and ibuprofen. 

0 comments:

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...