Recent Posts

Monday, October 25, 2010

Photo Essay: Thank You

Just a little thank you to some of the people who make the daily commute a little more enjoyable.

Hookah Lounge Crowd


I had no idea what a Hookah Lounge was, and wouldn't have noticed that such a thing even existed if it had not been for your usual antics that draw everyone's attention to you (even though they are trying their best to avert their eyes). You're a lively crowd, and I wish the best for you in your difficult lives.

Eye Gazers

I think you set a record (even by BYU standards) for PDA manifested in terms of staring into each others' eyes for so long that I thought I was a participant in some kind of social experiment. I am still not convinced that I was not part of a social experiment, and that you are going to be in need of some serious eye drops soon. I hope your love is as eternal as your stare.

Acrobatic Bus Driver



Your tricks are as good as any circus after a long train ride and hard day at school. I may have clapped after you finished. And I am still not convinced that I am not part of an entangled social experiment.

Tough Guy


You surprised me with a bit of cognitive dissonance. You sat behind me on the bus and you were talking to a girl about getting high during the bus ride. Your voice sounded tough, almost too tough to the point of almost sounding forced. So, in my mind I pictured you as someone who spends a lot of time in the gym or some scrawny kid trying to overcompensate. Neither of my conjured mental images involved you having much hair.


I was so wrong.

The Mullet





Thanks for rocking this mullet. I don't have the courage to sport one myself (not many people do), and so I thank you for yours.

2 comments:

Shan said...

Man, you have much more interesting bus rides than I do. Heck mine are pretty boring.

Megan said...

Ryan, I think you need a memoir or a blog or something devoted to these stories (in the peopleofwalmart.com-esque fashion) -- you could probably get a following. I laugh every time.

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...