Recent Posts

Sunday, August 1, 2010

US Airways, Slam Dunk!

Although quite a bit has transpired since my last post, I will start from the most recent event and work my way back to the Delta fiasco.

Yesterday (Saturday) I was supposed to fly back to Washington from Salt Lake at 10:45am, but I wanted to wait until Sunday. Erin (my sister-in-law) was scheduled to have a c-section on the 6th, but Friday, they moved it up to Saturday, the 31st at 9:00am. 9:00am! I was going to miss meeting Jacob by just over an hour! I called and called, but I couldn't just fork out $150, $330, or $180 to change the flight to a day later.

So, I was resigned to the fact that I would be waiting a while to meet my little nephew. Ryan and Adi walked me to security (after being told again a ridiculous amount of money for a "flight change penalty") and I went to the gate. I was bumped, but I was happy Ryan would be here.

As I was sitting at the gate, I thought that perhaps I could "bump" and just get a flight Sunday. So, when the gate attendant showed up, I asked if the flight was full. Nope. Ugh. However, in my-sister-is-having-a-c-section-and-I-really-want-to-move-my-flight-to-tomorrow explanation, she said "yeah, they should charge you, but family is more important" and handed me a paper with my new flight information. Hallelujah! I was so grateful! I grabbed my luggage and ran back through the airport, calling Ryan as I reached the pick-up area--excited to meet my new nephew!

Good job US Airways! Slam Dunk!

1 comments:

Erin said...

I am SO glad you were able to bump!!! We love you, and I was so happy to have you here! Have a safe flight home, we will be praying for you!!! We love you!

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...