Recent Posts

Thursday, February 11, 2010

One Lucky Girl

I am one lucky girl. Tuesday I had a doctor's appointment, and let's just say the tried to 'help' the labor process along.

Sure enough, yesterday morning I started having sporadic contractions that have continued into today.

The reason I say I am a lucky girl you ask? Well, yesterday morning when I woke up with contractions I realized that there was so much to do before Adrielle's arrival.

Often, I can't sleep in the mornings and wake up and take a bath for a little while until Ryan wakes up. Yesterday, I woke up and quietly yet frantically went about getting to my to do list (a friend told me this was considered 'nesting'). Yesterday, however, Ryan woke up a few minutes later and when I explained what I was doing, he helped me get so many things done! He was (and always is) wonderful and even did some of the things on my to do list that would be difficult to do myself (such as clean the bathroom floor).

Then, there was this morning. I have been restless lately, so I have encouraged Ryan to sleep in the guest room next door so he can get more sleep. Last night when we went to bed we thought we might have the official trip to the hospital in the middle of the night, so we had talked about it and done a few more things.

In the middle of the night, I woke up with a really strong contraction. As I laid in bed, wanting to sit up, but essentially paralyzed and unable to do so, I was conscious enough to know that I needed to breathe. I started breathing very deliberately in and out to try and calm down. A few minutes later, my sweet Ryan came in from the other room. He had heard my labored breathing and had come to rescue me from my temporary paralysis. It was very reassuring, and it made me realize that despite the insecurity and anxiety I have about labor and delivery, Ryan will be there comforting me, every step of the way.

Ryan is one of those men that seem surreal to most women. He is practically perfect in every way, and I am the luckiest girl to have him in my life. He is my perfect match. I love you, sweetheart!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Good luck hun! We'll be thinking about you! (Oh, and epidurals are a beautiful thing!)

Maria said...

You'll do great! It's so normal to be anxious because you've never done this before. Know of my prayers!

Elise said...

You're getting so close!! We'll keep you in our prayers. You'll do great! I know it!

The Steffensen's said...

Ryan is awesome! And anything you don't get done before Adi is born, you can get it done after.

On another note, I can't believe the baby is 80! I didn't even think to ask because I was confident it was Addie!

Can't wait to see her!

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...