Recent Posts

Friday, February 20, 2009

Rise and Shout - 55 and Counting!

On Tuesday, (February 18, 2009), my younger brother, Austin, e-mailed his BYU application essays from his mission in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. They were great. He talked about BYU being a family tradition, and indeed it is. 

Everything for his application was ready, so I proofed his essays, checked for word length, and copied and pasted them into his application. I hit submit, and it was complete. To double check that everything was ready to go, I ran to the 2nd floor of the ASB to speak with transfer admissions, and sure enough, his application was complete. They said that it takes about four weeks from the completion to hear back about the admission decision. So, everything was set. 

Well... yesterday as I was checking my e-mail, I thought, "maybe I should double check Austin's e-mail for an application confirmation." So, I signed into his e-mail, and found the confirmation. However, there was also another attached e-mail that said, "A decision has been reached on your application for BYU. Please go to the BYU Decision Notification page where you can view the decision and related information." 

My mind began to race, and I thought that this couldn't possibly be the response, could it? I logged into his route Y, and searched fanatically for the decision... AND....

Austin will be the 55th member of our family to attend BYU because: 

HE GOT ACCEPTED TO BYU!


Ryan and I wanted to surprise him with a package, so we went to the BYU bookstore and bought a BYU keychain that plays the fight song. We bought a congratulations card and a couple Kara mint truffles and threw them in the mail to surprise him with his acceptance! 

I can't wait for him to be at BYU. He will love it. 

Congratulations Austy!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

55th member! WOW! Who does this all inclue? Meaning, is this the number of Lawyers, Burrups, plus your husbands family? I'm interested to know....I know my parents family (Scott and Bev + kids) have 17 degrees from the Y, but I'd never heard a number of people before. GO COUGS!! CONGRATS to Austin!!

McKenzie said...

Andrea. Good question. I believe that is Burrups (and spouses), but I will double check, and will post again very soon with names.

Thompson Family said...

That's Awesome! I hope that someday my kids will add to that list. Grandpa and Grandma Burrup would be so proud!

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...