Recent Posts

Monday, February 9, 2009

iPod Tag


I have seen this tag before, but tonight I decided to try it out. Some of these turned out to be pretty funny. I gave some translation and explanation, and/or commentary for some of them. 

Here are the rules:
1. Put your iPod on shuffle (I had to use half iPod and half iTunes since I forgot to charge my iPod)
2. Fill in each number with the next song...
3. DON'T CHEAT!!

Ready? Here we go...

1. How am I feeling today? Powerless. (Nelly Furtado)

2. How far will I get in life? Crush (David Archuleta)

3. What is my best friend’s theme song? No Air. (Jordan Sparks)

4. What was high school like? I Remember the Days. (Nelly Furtado)

6. What is in store for me this weekend? Geografia. "Geography" (La Oreja de Van Gogh)

7. What is the best thing about me? Ojos asi. (Shakira) "Eyes like that" literally, or "eyes like yours"

8. What song is about my parents? Limon y sal. (Julieta Venegas) "Lemon and salt" which is funny, my mom loves lemons and my dad loves salt. 

9. How is my life going? Dame otra tequila. (Paulina Rubio) "Give me another tequila" Enough said. I guess that's what I get for taking 20 credits my first semester of grad school. 
 
10. What song will they play at my funeral? Pop. (La Oreja de Van Gough) Referring to the music genre, pop. I hope it's a good time for all. 

11. How does the world see me? Despertar. (Alex Ubago) "Wake up".  I guess people see me as being sleepy. 

12. What do my friends think of me? Escondite ingles. (Shakira)  It's the game of hide and go seek in english, also a somewhat literal translation, "english, hideout" or "hideout english". 

13. Do people secretly think I’m good looking? Ven.  (Sin Bandera) "Come" or "Come here". I guess that's a good thing? Maybe they think I don't smell too bad.

14. How can I make myself happy? Ni sola una palabra (Paulina Rubio) "Not a single word" I guess this translates to running or sleeping or anything that doesn't involve me talking. 

15. What should I do with my life? Strut. (Cheetah Girls)

16. What is some good advice? Apologize. (One Republic)

17. Will I get married? Estoy perdido. (Luis Fonsi) "I'm lost", which would be accurate if I weren't married. 

18. Where will I go in life? Over my Head. (The Fray) I guess the theme continues throughout my life?

19. Will I have kids? Too Little Too Late. (JoJo) Too busy for kids right now anyway, they would be severely neglected. I actually had the assistant director of my grad school program say it would be a good idea to put it off until Kenz and I are out of school. 

20. What is my current theme song? La Tortura. "The Torture" (Shakira) I guess the 12 hour days on campus are getting to me. 

1 comments:

Adi said...

That is soo great, I will have to try that. My favorite part is the large amount of Shakira to pop up on shuffle and the signature Cheetah Girls! love it, Ryan!

Our Family

Our Family
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...